This page will be a running resource for the fantasy soccer card folio.
Here, you’ll see:
- An update on how we’re doing in our folio
- Links to all the key pieces of information
- Instructions on how to create your own Fantasy Folio and try to beat us!
We’ve been lucky enough to have two of my favorite businesses in the hobby throwing their support behind our contest. COMC and Sell The Peak. (use the code SCR if you sign up to Sell The Peak and get 20% off for your first month)
Listen to Episode one where we go over the rules, and everyone’s starting folio.
Hashtags to Follow
If you want to follow along and see how we go (or if you want to create your own!) use the following hashtag, #fantasysoccercards to keep up to date and become a part of the community
Here is a rundown of the starting folios for each of us.
Soccer Cards Rock
Sunday League Investors
The Football Stop
Logical Soccer Investing
QCB Soccer Cards
Premier Soccer Investing
Soccer Card Guru
Want To Make Your Own?
Think you can beat us? Or just want to have some fun with it?
Feel free to follow along!
To start your own Fantasy Soccer Folio, just do the following:
- Read ‘The Rules’ and ‘Calculating Buying and Selling Prices’ below
- Create your own folio. We are using a basic Google Slide. You can click here to get the same template we’re using. You’ll only have viewing access so you’ll need to click “file” and “make a copy” to create your own version
- Start sharing! Take for your social media and share it on Instagram with the hashtag #fantasysoccercards – We’ll be looking for those who are taking part and posting/sharing other people’s content and give away some awesome prizes down the road.
- You get 10k USD to spend on whatever soccer cards we want
- You need to buy a minimum of ten cards (it can even be 10 of the same card if you want)
- To get prices for cards, use the instructions below.
- Note: prices do not include shipping
- There’s no maximum on how many you buy, but just remember that you’ve got to keep track of prices
- You can’t out-buy the pop count of a card. For example, you can’t buy 50 cards if they’re only numbered to 10
- You can out-buy eBay. Eg. If there’s only five of a card for sale on eBay, you can buy as many as you like. That should make it less work for you.
- On the first of every month (and only the first of the month), you can sell as many cards as we like in our portfolio and re-invest into other soccer cards.
- At the end of six months, calculate your total value. The highest value wins.
Calculating Buying and Selling Prices
Prices will be calculated using Sell The Peak. You won’t need the paid plan for this, you’ll only need the website sellthepeak.com (shown below).
Here are a few things to know if you haven’t used the site before.
- Where you type the card in. It’ll then show up in the “sell the peak sales history” once you scroll down
- I’d suggest you ‘save this search’ for the cards you buy. That way they’re all there for you next time you visit.
To get a fairer price point, we should do the following.
- Take the last five sales
- Remove the highest and lowest price
- Average the middle three prices
Here is what that looks like with the Haaland Rookie Sticker
If you want to sell some cards to re-invest, you just calculate the price again and that’s your selling price.
What to do if your card doesn’t have five sales:
If your card doesn’t have five sales do the following:
- Average the sales there are, removing the top and bottom price
- If the card hasn’t sold at all, don’t use it. It’ll just be a massive pain and definitely not worth your time as it won’t sell enough times to make any profit
Frequently Asked Question
When Does it Start?
Now! basically, anytime from 11th of January (when the first podcast was released). Don’t stress if you’re a week or so late… Over six months, It’s unlikely a week here or there will kill you.
What Happens if I miss The Start? Is it too late to join?
Not at all! We’ll be sharing and giving out some goodies to people who have great months – I’d much rather have you take part for a month than not at all.
How Do I Calculate Prices?
Using Sell The Peak as shown in the images above. Basically, take the last five sales – remove the top and bottom price, and average the middle three prices.
Here’s some other soccer articles that you might like:
- Soccer Cards for Beginners
- Erling Haaland Rookie Cards
- Joao Felix Rookie Cards
- Lionel Messi Rookie Cards
- Kylian Mbappe Rookie Cards
- Cristiano Ronaldo Rookie Cards