Garbage pail kids are a line of trading cards produced by the Topps Company, originally released in 1985. The cards feature cartoonish depictions of children with humorous and often grotesque defects and nicknames. The characters are based on playground insults and are intended to be funny and disgusting at the same time.
The original series of garbage pail kids cards were hugely popular, spawning several subsequent series and spin-offs. The cards are now highly collectable, with some individual cards selling for hundreds of dollars.
While the value of individual garbage pail kids cards can vary widely, the cards as a whole are significant for their role in pop culture history. They are a classic example of 1980s kitsch and have been referenced in many television shows, movies, and songs over the years. For collectors and pop culture aficionados, they are a must-have item.
Table of Contents
Are Old Garbage Pail Kids Cards Worth Money?
The answer to this question depends on the individual card. Some cards are worth only a few dollars, while others can sell for hundreds or even thousands of dollars. The most valuable cards are those from the first series, which were released in 1985. These cards are the most sought-after by collectors and can fetch high prices at auction. To get an accurate estimate of the value of your garbage pail kids cards, it is best to consult with a professional appraiser or dealer. They will be able to give you a more accurate estimate of the value of your cards based on their rarity and condition.
The value of a particular card depends on its rarity and condition. The rarer the card, the more valuable it is likely to be. Cards that are in mint condition are also more valuable than those that are not.
If you are looking to sell your garbage pail kids cards, there are a few options available to you. You can sell them through an online auction site such as eBay, or you can contact a dealer or collector directly. The most important thing is to get an accurate appraisal of your cards before selling them so that you do not sell them for less than they are worth.
15 Most Valuable Garbage Pail Kids Card
These are just ballpark figures for cards at the time of writing. The prices on trading cards change far too frequently. Check our article on finding card values for more info on how to do it yourself and be up to date (the article is about football cards but is still very relevant).
1. Adam Bomb – First Series – $7,000
2. Bony Tony – Second Series – $6,000
3. Foul Phil – Third Series – $5,500
4. Putrid Patti – Fourth Series – $5,000
5. Wicked wendy – Fifth Series – $4,500
6. Gross Gordon – Sixth Series – $3,500
7. Rotten Reggie – Seventh Series – $2,500
8. Stinkin’ Steve – Eighth Series – $1,500
9. Nasty Nick – Ninth Series – $1,000
10. Moldy Marvin – Tenth Series – $800
11. Pukey Puck – eleventh series- $600
12. Crusty Craig – Twelfth Series- $400
13. oozing eyegor – Thirteenth Series -$200
14. Leaky Lindsay- Fourteenth Series-$100
15. Igor the Terrible- Fifteenth Series -$50
What Is The Most Popular Garbage Pail Kid?
The most popular garbage pail kid is Adam Bomb. He is the main character of the first series of cards and is featured in many of the subsequent series. Adam Bomb is a green-skinned, bald child with three eyes. He is often depicted with explosives or in dangerous situations. His catchphrase is “I’m going to blow you up!”
Adam Bomb was so popular that he inspired a line of toys and merchandise, including an action figure and a video game. He has also been referenced in many pop culture items over the years, such as The Simpsons and South Park. If you are a fan of the garbage pail kids, then you are sure to enjoy collecting their cards. They are a fun and unique way to add to your collection. Who knows, you may even find a rare and valuable card that is worth a lot of money!
Why Are Garbage Pail Kids Cards So Popular?
Garbage pail kids cards are popular for many reasons. They are a classic example of 1980s kitsch, they are highly collectable, and they are a great conversation starter. The cards are also a reminder of simpler times when children’s entertainment was not so dark and violent. For collectors, the garbage pail kids represent an important part of pop culture history. The cards are often referenced in television shows, movies, and songs. They are also collected by many celebrities, such as Leonardo DiCaprio and Justin Bieber.
How To Sell Old Garbage Pail Kid Cards?
To sell old garbage pail kid cards,
- Decide the cards you want to sell: The first step is to go through your collection and decide which cards you are willing to sell. It is important to remember that some cards are more valuable than others, so you may want to keep certain cards for yourself.
- Get an appraisal: Once you have decided which cards you are selling, it is time to get an accurate appraisal of their value. This can be done by contacting a dealer or collector, or by searching online auction sites such as eBay.Sell through an online auction: One of the easiest ways to sell your cards is through an online auction site such as eBay. You can create a listing for your cards and set a starting price. Be sure to include clear pictures of the cards and accurate descriptions of their condition.
- Sell to a dealer or collector: Another option is to sell your cards directly to a dealer or collector. This can be done by contacting dealers or collectors online or in person. You may be able to get a better price for your cards by selling them directly, but it is important to do your research to make sure you are getting a fair price. Garbage pail kids cards are a fun and unique way to add to your collection. If you are looking to sell your old cards, be sure to do your research to get the best price possible. With a little effort, you can find a buyer who is willing to pay top dollar for your cards!
In conclusion, are old garbage pail kid cards worth money?
This depends on the card. Some cards are worth very little, while others can be worth a lot of money. The most important thing is to do your research to find out how much your particular cards are worth. Once you know the value of your cards, you can then decide if you are willing to sell them or not. Thanks for reading!